You can use some of your partner benefits right away – for others, you need to meet certain criteria. Here are the eligibility details for each of the plans and programs.
Benefits available to partners upon hire:
- Caring Unites Partners (CUP) Fund
- TELUS Health (formerly LifeWorks)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and WorkLife services
- Perks (Discounts and Savings) at various retailers
- Partner Matching Gifts – Starbucks matches gifts of time or money
- Vacation – for salaried partners
- Sick time
- Weekly coffee markout and in-store discount
- Beverage benefits (for store partners)
- Starbucks Global Academy
Benefits with eligibility based on hire date:
- Vacation – after 6 continuous months of service for retail hourly partners
- Bean Stock – typically eligible for a November grant if employed by May 1 with no breaks in service between May 1 and the grant date
- Future Savings Retirement & Savings Plan – all partners over the age of 18 and completing 90 days of continuous employment, counted from the most recent date of hire
- Stock Investment Plan (S.I.P.) – after 90 days of employment
Benefits that require you to be “benefits eligible”:
- Extended Health & Dental Plans
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability (retail salaried and support partners only)
- Life, AD&D, Critical Illness Insurance
- Family Expansion Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Gender Affirmation
How do I become “benefits eligible”?
How you become “benefits eligible” for the first time depends on your role.
- If you are a retail hourly partner: Your eligibility begins after you are paid at least 160 hours in two consecutive calendar months (equivalent to 20 hours per week).
- For all other partners: Your eligibility begins on your hire date.
How do I remain “benefits eligible”?
To remain eligible, retail hourly partners must be paid at least 240 hours per calendar quarter (equivalent to 20 hours per week).*
For Current Starbucks Partners
*Eligibility is determined by the hours reported on the last pay cheque you receive in the calendar quarter (not fiscal quarter). Paid calendar quarters are:
- January – March
- April – June
- July – September
Current Starbucks Partners visit Partner Hub for updates to benefits eligibility, or call Starbucks Benefits Center at (888) 541-4691 for eligibility questions.
Retail hourly partners can monitor their paid hours through their pay stubs on Partner Central. Check the QTD (Quarter to Date) Hours under the Other Benefits Information on your pay stub.
The information on this page is for partners in Canada. Select your location below.