You may occasionally need time off due to illness or injury, medical appointments or ill family members.
Paid Sick Time is a benefit used for the occasional day off due to:
- Personal illness or injury (up to 7 days)
- A medical or dental appointment
- The occasional need to provide immediate care for an ill or injured family member, including your spouse, domestic partner, parent, stepparent, grandparent, child, stepchild, foster child, grandchild, step grandchild, sibling or your spouse or domestic partner’s parent, grandparent, sibling or child.
If you are a salaried partner, you are eligible for sick time after completing 90 days of employment.
If you are an hourly partner, you are not eligible for paid Sick Time, except:
- Where provincial sick leave requirements exceed Starbucks policy. Managers must follow the local law, with guidance from Partner Resources.
- If you move from a salaried position to an hourly role.
For Current Starbucks Partners
For more information on how to request Sick Time, responsibilities and exclusions see the Partner Hub.
The information on this page is for partners in Canada. Select your location below.